Joining a competition is not just to win a prize; but to gain knowledge and to be able to improve your skills through these experiences.
1. SKETCHUP 3-D CHALLENGE
3-D Challenge is an online 3-D competition organized by the “Sketchup Texture” group which aims to promote community interaction among Sketchup users in a professional manner. This 3-D Challenge is an opportunity to expose, educate and improve the skills of all 3-D artists in the international level.
Here, the participants were tasked to modify a given 3-D model and enhance the rendering presentation using Sketchup. All participants were allowed to use any supplementary software for the digital rendering process. In terms of rules and regulation, the participants were required to register first in the 3-D Challenge official website before they could submit their entries.
1.1 3D CHALLENGE (DECEMBER 2014-JANUARY 2015)_SKT 3D CHALLENGE ARCH-VIZ INTENATIONAL RENDER CONTEST_MODERN OFFICE BUILDING
For this challenge, I was able to submit three entries, rendered in various styles (two photorealistic and one non-photo-realistic (NPR) style. Below are my complete art work entries with work in progress (WIP) detail(s).
1.1.2 WORK IN PROGRESS
1. Modern Office Building (Original Sketchup Model by Quốc Hữu Trần)
2. Test render using Kerkythea
3. Modifying the model scene and finding the right perspective.
4. Test render model scene 1 using Kerkythea
5. Modified building (Test render using Kerkythea)
|6. Importing all 2-D and 3-D entourage in Sketchup|
7. Test render water material (Day time/Night time render) using Kerkythea
8. Kerythea rendering process
9. Raw render (Kerkythea)
10. Post-production process done using Photoshop and Picasa
1.1.2 MY 3-D CHALLENGE ENTRIES
ENTRY 1: UMAGANG KAY GANDA (Morning Sky Gazing)
ENTRY 2: DAPIT-HAPON (City Skyline)
ENTRY 3: TAKIPSILIM (Sunset Sky Gazing)
Model Credit: Sketchup Texture
1.2. 3-D CHALLENGE (AUGUST 2014)_MODERN ECO HOUSE
This is my rendering versions of the outdated challenge from SketchUp Texture 3D Challenge competition featuring the Modern Eco House modeled by Romain Demerville
|ART WORK 1: Eco House (Daytime Scene)/ WF: Sketchup8+Kerkythea+Photoshop+Picasa/ 1600x900 resolution|
|ART WORK 2: Eco House (Poster)/ WF: Sketchup8+Kerkythea+Photoshop+Picasa|
|ART WORK 3: Eco House (NIGHT TIME RENDER)/ WF: Sketchup8+Kerkythea+Photoshop+Picasa|
Eco House (NPR Compilation)/ WF: Sketchup8+Kerkythea+Photoshop+Picasa
ART WORK 5: Eco House (NPR) Original/ WF: Sketchup8 +Photoshop+Picasa
ART WORK 6: Eco House (NPR) Cross Process/ WF: Sketchup8 +Photoshop+Picasa
ART WORK 7: Eco House (NPR) Sepia/ WF: Sketchup8 +Photoshop+Picasa
ART WORK 7: Eco House (NPR) B&W/ WF: Sketchup8 +Photoshop+Picasa
ART WORK 9: Eco House (NPR) Digital Water Color/ WF: Sketchup8 +Photoshop+Picasa
Model Credit: Sketchup Texture
2. ENAU 3-D COMPETITION_MS HOUSE
This is my rendering versions of the outdated challenge from ENAU competition featuring the MS House modelled by Ronen Bekerman
1. MS HOUSE (Raw render 1)/ WF: Sketchup8+Kerkythea
2. MS HOUSE (Raw render 2)/ WF: Sketchup8+Kerkythea
3. MS HOUSE/ WF: Sketchup8+Kerkythea+Photoshop+Picasa
4. MS HOUSE (Cross Process)/ WF: Sketchup8+Kerkythea+Photoshop+Picasa
5. MS HOUSE (B&W)/ WF: Sketchup8+Kerkythea+Photoshop+Picasa
6. MS HOUSE (NPR)/ WF: Sketchup8+Kerkythea+Photoshop+Fotosketcher+Picasa
|7. MS HOUSE (BLUE INK)/ WF: Sketchup+Kerkythea+Photoshop+Fotosketcher+Picasa|
Model Credit: ENAU
It is interesting to note that there are many groups that organize such 3-D competition online which encourage all 3D artist, sketchup-enthusiast, professionals and students to be involve in a friendly-competition.